What You Will Do
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support.
The ideal candidate for the Cloud Sales Representative role will have a strong technology background and a passion for helping customers transition to the Cloud. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the marketplace and focus on selling business outcomes through ClusterPower cloud portfolio. An ClusterPower salesperson is an expert in resource utilization and a chief mentor to their peers and prime technology sales teammates. The primary focus of the role is to sell a complete ClusterPower cloud solution and act as a technical strategist in competitive situations.
Specific areas of focus include: IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service for Data Center Relocation, Application Workload moves, as well as Cloud Native Application Migration.
The ClusterPower Sales Representative will be responsible for the following 4 items:
· Drive the sales of ClusterPower IaaS and PaaS offerings by engaging directly with customers and/or working with prime field representatives to develop a cloud strategy and deploy the ClusterPower Cloud Infrastructure across ClusterPower’s enterprise customers.
· Dramatically increase the awareness of ClusterPower’s IaaS and Cloud offerings in the ClusterPower customer base by doing a defined set of activities and campaigns. These activities include seminars/webinars, rep and customer training, tailored messaging delivery and other demand-generation activities. Sales Specialist will also engage in various enablement activities (trainings, lunch and learns, QBR attendance, account planning, etc.) in the markets that they are assigned.
Also staying closely aligned with our customers’ post-sale to ensure our customers are maximizing their ClusterPower Cloud services.
· Report, forecast and track sales activities in respective regions to ensure high cloud-based activities and opportunities progress.
· Experience selling Public and Private Cloud Infrastructure or strongly related services
· 2+ years enterprise direct sales experience with large quotas and proven success
· BS from a major university – engineering or computer science preferred
· Strong public speaking ability with desire to train others
· 2+ years’ experience navigating long sales cycles in a matrix environment with demonstrated experience in complex commercial structures
· Experience selling outsourcing solutions or services to Vertical Industries (Financial Services, Life Sciences, Retail, Telecom, etc.); specific knowledge of business drivers and adoption patterns will be given special consideration
· Demonstrated ability to influence different buying personas (IT, Operations, Development, etc.) within large companies accounts
· Expert understanding and the ability to effectively evangelize multiple cloud adoption patterns including Hybrid, Data Center and Application Modernization, re-platforming, Cloud Native, Web-scale and High-Availability
· Practical understanding of the concepts surrounding DevOps, Continuous Integration, Micro Services and their impact to organizational change